Sunday, October 28, 2012

4 Weeks

The last few days have been an emotional roller coaster. I can go from happiness to worry at the drop of a hat! I don't think it helps that I am still peeing on leftover sticks. The only upside is that they are still progressing quite nicely!

Here is my progression from 9dpo to 13dpo:

And here is this morning's (14dpo) tests (digi appeared much faster than a couple days ago...about 40 seconds):

I'm kind of addict, aren't I? I keep saying I will stop testing after I have my betas next week!

In addition to all the testing, I'm using my Crinone (progesterone supposities), but I'm on my last sample tomorrow. I was supposed to get more samples at my appt on Friday, but I forgot, so now I have to call the nurse first thing Monday morning. In addition to that, the cash price for Crinone is $400 for 2 $1,600 for me to get enough to last until 12 weeks, which is totally crazy! I'm waiting on a pre-authorization from my OB for my insurance to even say if they will cover it; which is stupid. My OB prescribed the Crinone, so why does he have to "authorize" it again?! Dr. T said if they don't cover it he will try and come up with an alternative. Anyone know of any?

The Crinone wasn't bad at first. It isn't exactly pleasant having chunks that look like cottage cheese trickling out every day, but that isn't the suckiest part. It causes cramping right after I put it in. The first couple days it wasn't bad. But last night, they started up right after I put it in and lasted about 10 minutes, then stopped completely. Then they woke me up again around 1am, lasted 10 minutes, then stopped again. Dr. T already told me that would happen and says it's normal. I've looked it up on Dr. google too and it seems it's just an irritant to the cervix, which can cause cramping as well as spotting. No spotting at all for me yet...hope it stays that way!

Other than that, my boobs are very sore (mostly on the sides and under my arms) and heavy-feeling, which is a new feeling for me. I've always been pretty small up top, so it's going to be weird when they start growing more. I also go back and forth between hunger and no appetite at all. Sometimes even though I know I need food but am not feeling it, I started eating anyway...and most of the time, this fuels the fire and I get hungrier. I've been eating 4-5 small-medium meals a day. I've picked up my water drinking as well, but still not as much as I should. I've always been bad about drinking water, but I know it's important, so I made DH buy me a Camelbak waterbottle :)

So now, I anxiously await my betas on Monday and Wednesday. Dr. T told me they'd call on Tuesday and Thursday, which I took as "I will need to call them." My experience last time was that I had to do the jumping through hoops! Either way, it's going to be a long week next week!

1 comment:

  1. amazing progression!!! so pretty! :)
    i hope your results come in nice and early for you tomorrow...i will be thinking about you. i hope the dr gets your progesterone sounds like he will. :)
    take it easy and put your feet up, mama. <3
    love and prayers!