Thursday, July 26, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

15 more days and the list-making has already begun!

I'm a planner. It passes the time if I start making lists of things that need to be done before surgery.

I made a list of things I need to buy, things to get done around the house, and things for my mom and husband to do or ask after surgery.

I'm trying to be patient, I really am, but it's just not working.

Good news is that my boss hasn't even asked me about details of the surgery. In my initial e-mail where I told him about it, I basically said "laparoscopy for endometriosis." I figured if he wanted to know more, he could google it. I told him last time I had it done I took a week off, then tried to come back, but that it was too soon, and ended up needing that second week also.

So I'm already approved for one full week off afterwards (bye bye sick time) and will play it by ear the second week. HR said they can put me in the negative for sick time and make it up over the next few months. Sick time accrues one day per month, so it would take me until October or November to catch up. But I've still got 3.5 vacation days, so if I end up getting sick later on, I've still got those. I'm also doing a pretty good job of getting ahead on my projects. The president actually said "little early for this isn't it?" Then I told I'm having surgery and trying to get ahead, and he just smiled and said he hoped I had a good recovery.

In other news, I am still using OPKs. I want to know when I'm ovulating so I can predict when my actual period will arrive...but I may not even ovulate prior to surgery...and I will likely bleed after surgery, so at that point, there will be no way of knowing.

***

Today is DH and I's 9th wedding anniversary! So hard to believe that it's been that long. I'm so grateful for all the time we've had together as a couple...it's time for a baby :)

Other plans over the next couple weeks include probably going out to dinner with DH tonight to celebrate our anniversary. Tomorrow night, I'm going to see a stage play with mom at my place of work (Peter Pan!) and going out to dinner with her before hand. This weekend, DH and I are going golfing Saturday morning with his Dad, then we have a housewarming party to go to in the afternoon for friends of ours (C & H, and their adorable 8 month old!), then later that evening my bro and his fiance are visiting and staying the night.

Next week is pretty uneventful...but that weekend is one of DH's closest friends b-day...and since I won't have much time to celebrate mine, we will probably all go out and do something!

***

9 years ago today <3


1 comment:

  1. happy anniversary!! nine years - wow...that is awesomem, m! <3
    i have been thinking of you and just realized i think you texted me. i was half asleep when i got it. lol. gonna go check now.
    you've been in my prayers and i'm so glad you were approved with not a lot of hassle from your boss!
    things are gonna be great. <3
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete