I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, so for those of you that have been through this, please feel free to chime in with things I should ask!
Here's my list so far:
- What is your experience dealing with women who have issues with ovulation and what is your usual protocol?
- Do you perform any blood work to determine underlying issues related to my cycles and hormone levels?
- I'm concerned that I may have PCOS. What is your process for determining if I have this and how will it affect my chances of getting pregnant again? Can you tell me anything about Metformin and its uses in relation to PCOS?
- Would you prescribe Metformin or Clomid? What is the difference?
- What is your usual starting dose for Clomid (50mg?) or Metformin (500mg 1x/day starting?) and what days would I take it (CD3-7 for Clomid? Everyday for Metformin?)
- Do you monitor my cycles with ultrasounds? If so, what cycle days?
- How many cycles to try Clomid or Metformin before trying something else? Do you up the dosage if the smallest dose doesn't make me ovulate?
- Does taking Clomid or Metformin increase the chances of conceiving multiples? If so, by how much?
- What about uterine lining thickness...is this a concern while taking medication? If so, is it monitored?
- Do you perform blood work during cycles as well? If so, what days?
- Do you check progesterone levels post-ovulation?
- Is an HSG needed? What about a SA? Do you perform these or do I need to be referred to an RE for these types of tests?
- Since I have endometriosis, does this in any affect my chances to become pregnant again? Especially since I did get pregnant twice last year. Is there any concern of it affecting my chances in the short-term?
- Is there any benefit of having another laparoscopy to remove any endometriosis?