- When was the last time you tried something new?
Honestly I can't remember...
- Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?
I try not to compare myself to anyone but me. Otherwise I end up questioning why I'm not as good at something as someone else.
- What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?
5 minutes after arriving at work: "I'm not feeling it...can we leave now?" :)
- What gets you excited about life?
It's the little things...Friday afternoon right before 5:00 when I've got the whole weekend ahead of me. Petting my dogs. Hugging those that I love. Looking forward to vacations!
- What life lesson did you learn the hard way?
Not to take anything for granted. I think everyone does it...but being pregnant and complaining about being hungry and a backache...I wish I could take it back and just enjoy the moment.
- What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?
Trying to conceive...now I feel like I'm so far behind. 30 is creeping up on me...
- Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?
I definitely settle. I'm the kind of person that just goes with the flow and doesn't question things...even when I should at times.
- Who do you love and what are you doing about it?
My husband, my family, my dogs. And I'm telling them I love them.
- What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
Having been through miscarriages, I believe it should be talked about more. I had no idea what to expect until I was in the moment. I wish I had been better educated about it and known just how common it really is. Those that haven't been through it would probably prefer no one ever talked about it...ever.
- What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?
I have always been grateful for who and what I have in my life, but even more so now. I don't take even one second for granted.
- Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
It's most definitely not a weakness. It's being honest with yourself and expressing how you feel.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Probably a lot of things. I worry too much about how others perceive me.
- Do you celebrate the things you do have?
- What is the difference between living and existing?
I go back and forth between the two. I think most people do. Living means really appreciating the people in your life and the time that you have. However, sometimes that gets lost in the routines of everyday life.
- If not now, then when?
- Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
Lots of things!
- What does your joy look like today?
Better than yesterday...does that count?
- Is it possible to lie without saying a word?
- If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?
Wow, good question. I definitely have low self-esteem...and am not always nice to myself.
- Which activities make you lose track of time?
Browsing the Internet - but this only seems to work when I'm not at work.
- If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
I'm not really a very good teacher, but if I had to pick, I guess it'd be art-related.
- What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
Having a baby...
- Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?
Loads of grief from my miscarriages...that will probably never go away...but I do need to let go of the fact that I can't change the past.
- When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?
All depends on the situation...
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
Age is just a state of mind...
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
- What makes you smile?
Family and friends, cookies, funny TV shows
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
More than likely, I will have done more!
- If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?
The things you want to do...don't put them off for tomorrow. You never know when today is the last day.
- If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would've had children a looooong time ago!
- What do we all have in common besides our genes that makes us human?
The ability to express compassion towards one another!
- If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book would you choose?
The Diary of Anne Frank...such a compelling read!
- Would you rather have less work or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work I enjoy doing. I get bored without a job to put my energy into!
- What is important enough to go to war over?
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
- When was the last time you listened to the sound of your own breathing?
Not long ago actually. I was having mini asthma attacks.
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I think before I speak!
- What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you?
To ME...having a roof over my head, food in my belly and money to pay the bills. Oh yeah...and love :)
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
- If you could instill one piece of advice in a newborn baby’s mind, what advice would you give?
Don't take ANYTHING for granted and enjoy every moment you have :)
- What is the most desirable trait another person can possess?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Is stealing to feed a starving child wrong?
Yes, but for all the right reasons :)
- What do you want most?
A loooong, happy life.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Doing things right.
- What has life taught you recently?
It's full of unexpected twists and turns.
- What is the one thing you would most like to change about the world?
Less fighting about stupid crap.
- Where do you find inspiration?
My mind :)
- Can you describe your life in a six word sentence?
I'm breathing, happy, and enjoying life.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Good question. I should remind myself of this more often.
- What impact do you want to leave on the world?
No impact really. Just trying to life my own life...and not care about what others think.
- What is the most defining moment of your life thus far?
Realizing I am much stronger than I thought I was. That was sometime at the end of last summer.
- In the haste of your daily life, what are you not seeing?
The big picture.
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Because we're stupid! ;) And sometimes you have to do things you don't like in order to do things you do like. And sometimes it's easy to get caught up in things like work, because it has to be done to pay the bills.
- What lifts your spirits when life gets you down?
I think I talked about this earlier...Friday nights, long weekends, cookies, a good tv show, a warm hug
- Have you ever regretted something you did not say or do?
Many times. Not hugging someone one last time...or not sharing true feelings because you're afraid.
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
Losing those I love...definitely one of my greatest fears. Unfortunately it's a fact of life...so it's come true many times.
- Why do we think of others the most when they’re gone?
Because it's only then that we realize what we lost. Sad that it always has to be that way.
- What is your most beloved childhood memory?
I have so many...with my mom, it'd have to be us watching TV together in the evenings, cuddled up on the couch together. With my dad, Wednesday evenings going to his house, making caramel corn and watching Unsolved Mysteries. With my step-dad, definitely playing football in the backyard (and garage, hahaha).
- Is it more important to love or be loved?
- If it all came back around to you, would it help you or hurt you?
If what all came back? lol
- If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing would you do it?
No. I don't regret anything I've done in my life...it's gotten me to where I am today.
- If a doctor gave you five years to live, what would you try to accomplish?
Honestly, I have no idea...I don't even want to contemplate that topic.
- What is the difference between falling in love and being in love?
Falling in love is the initial interest in a person...being in love is the state you in constantly afterwards :)
- Who do you think stands between you and happiness?
Myself and my fears.
- What is the difference between innocence and ignorance?
- What is the simplest truth you can express in words?
I love you. There are no more words needed to express what that means.
- What gives your life meaning?
The people in it.
- Can there be happiness without sadness? Pleasure without pain? Peace without war?
- What’s the one thing you’d like others to remember about you at the end of your life?
That I was a kind, caring person.
- Is there such a thing as perfect?
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I'd like to think I have some control, but ultimately I am on God's plan.
- What does it mean to be human?
To breath, to be compassionate, but ultimately to be immortal.
- If you looked into the heart of your enemy, what do you think you would find that is different from what is in your own heart?
I try to find the good in everyone!
- What do you love most about yourself?
My creative talents.
- Where would you most like to go and why?
Disney World with my husband. We went there for our honeymoon and I'd love to go back...just him and I!
- Is it more important to do what you love or to love what you are doing?
Do what you love.
- What do you imagine yourself doing ten years from now?
Same job, same marriage, hopefully kids.
- What small act of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget?
My step-mom and dad driving from out of state to be with me while I miscarried. No questions asked...they just showed up!
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
I talked about this earlier! Refer to #66.
- Do you own your things or do your things own you?
I own things, but at times it does feel like I'm a slave to work only so I can buy more stuff.
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?
Wow, that's a tough one. I suppose lose old memories.
- How do you deal with someone in a position of power who wants you to fail?
Cry. Sadly, yes, that's my answer. I can't deal with people who dislike me so.
- What do you have that you cannot live without?
Family, friends and pets.
- When you close your eyes what do you see?
- What sustains you on a daily basis?
- What are your top five personal values?
- Why must you love someone enough to let them go?
Only if they aren't happy. Otherwise hold onto them with all your might!
- Do you ever celebrate the green lights?
On the road...hell yeah. I'm a lead foot!
- What personal prisons have you built out of fears?
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?
Run a marathon. I've done three half marathons. :)
- Why are you, you?
Because I want to be :)
- If you haven’t achieved it yet what do you have to lose?
- What three words would you use to describe the last three months of your life?
Busy. Stressful. Frustrating.
- Is it ever right to do the wrong thing? Is it ever wrong to do the right thing?
Sometimes to both - depends on the situation.
- How would you describe ‘freedom’ in your own words?
The ability to live your life the way you want to...with no person or thing to hold you back.
- What is the most important thing you could do right now in your personal life?
Learn to appreciate myself more!
- What is your number one goal for the next six months?
Get pregnant...again. But keep it!
- Would you ever give up your life to save someone else?
Friday, June 1, 2012
100 Thought Provoking Q & A's
Because I'm bored at work...and tired of wallowing in my own sorrows, a thought-provoking survey: