Wednesday, November 7, 2012
D over at My Life is About the Journey nominated me for the Liebster Award this past weekend. I am thrilled and honored that she thought my blog was interesting enough to get the award, so D, thank you!
The Liebster Blog Award is an award that is given by a blogger to another blogger with less than 200 followers. Liebster is German for "favorite" so basically it is an award you give to your favorite bloggers. :)
Here is how it works. D nominated me (and several other of her favorite blogs) and created a list of 11 questions for me to answer. I answer those questions, nominate several of my favorite blogs, and then make up 11 questions for them to answer.
So here goes with D questions!
1. Skiing vacation or beach vacation? Which is your idea of how to spend a relaxing day?
Beach vacation. I've never skiied and I'd likely break my leg(s) if I tried!
2. Coffee or tea?
Before being pregnant, I was addicted to Sweet Tea from McDonald's! Hate coffee.
3. Do you have any pets? If so, what kinds?
Two furbabies! Sam is our blond cocker spaniel and he's 8. We got him when he was 1 from DH's aunt and uncle. He got into rat poison in their barn, they paid thousands to fix him up, then decided they didn't want to take care of him anymore. They also wanted him for hunting, but he's kind of a wuss :) He's the sweetest dog ever! Lily is our black cocker spaniel and she's 7 or 8. We rescued her from Columbus Cocker Rescue in Ohio back in 2008.
4. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many? Are you close to them?
I have 1 brother, Matt. He's 2.5 years older than me. We aren't super close, but we get along.
5. iPhone, BlackBerry, Droid, or other cell phone?
iPhone! I finally got one a couple months ago after begging DH for years!
6. What is your favorite type of cuisine (i.e. Italian, Chinese, etc.)?
Italian, definitely! I'm not a big meat eater, but love a pile of pasta!
7. What is the biggest part of your life that IF or PL has affected?
My relationships with other women. I feel closer to some of them...those that have supported me despite not understanding what I've gone through; and those that have been in my shoes and continue to support me throughout this pregnancy. But I am also more distant to those that have pulled away when I need them most.
8. Do you have a lot of good friends or a few great friends?
I have a lot of good friends, but would much prefer the latter.
9. If you could meet one famous person (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
Hmm, that's a tough one. I'm not really one of those people that go crazy over celebrities.
10. What is your favorite Halloween candy?
Milky Way Dark, Butterfinger, Reeses
11. If you could have one wish (except for more wishes, haha) what would it be?
To be a good mom :)
And now for my nominations (So many of my favorite blogs have been already been nominated so I tried not to duplicate)! If I nominated you and you have already been nominated then I guess that you are extra-doubly special and don't bother answering my questions unless you really want to!)...drum-roll:
1. Emily @ Eat Love Procreate
2. Kyla @ Silver Lining & Sunshine on the Horizon
3. Laura @ The Adventures of an Infertile Myrtile
4. Megz @ My Journey Through the Storm
5. suzanne @ Our journey to a baby bump
6. Aly @ Breathe Gently
You ladies are awesome and I look forward to reading your blogs whenever you post!!!
Here are my questions! Sorry I don't have the best imagination for questions:
1. Do you believe in love at first sight?
2. Favorite fast food place?
3. Dogs or cats (as pets)?
5. Favorite band? Singer?
6. Current annoyance?
7. Favorite place you've traveled?
8. Do you have any special/hidden talents?
9. Ever met anyone famous? If so, who?
10. When was the last time you laughed really hard and why?
11. Do you like rollercoasters?