Monday, November 19, 2012

7 weeks, 1 day

How Far Along: 7 weeks, 1 day

Size of baby: Baby is the size of a blueberry this week!

Interesting Developmental Stuff: The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs -- although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudge extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long.

Total Weight Gain: According to the doctor's office, 5 lbs. WOW.

Sleep:I still fall asleep usually by 8pm every night. Wake up a couple times to pee. And usually awake by 7 or 7:30am. <----same as last week

Symptoms: The nausea is worse now and pretty much nothing sounds good. I have to force myself to eat anything, and usually it's the least objectionable thing. Bland foods are my friend right now. Still no vomiting, though, thank goodness! Mild cramping every once in a while. Also still peeing a lot.

Cravings: Absolutely nothing. I just want to be able to eat normally again.

Gender: I had a dream the other night it was a girl.

Movement: Not even close unless gas counts ;)

Maternity Clothes: Still regular clothes for work. But maternity jeans on weekends.

Milestones: Seeing the fetal pole, yolk sac and heartbeat. OB saying "nothing but good news!"

What I'm looking forward to: Ultrasound #2 on Nov. 30th. My mom is going with me to this appointment.

The belly: Bloated and round.

No comments:

Post a Comment