Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Baby Doctor

Well, I did it. I've taken the first step. I made an appointment with my doctor, which will hopefully result in a referral to my OB/GYN (I hate having to take this round-about way to get to my Ob/Gyn, but my insurance forces me to...that's another blog post all together).

Anyway, I kept putting off making an appointment regarding my sucktastic cycles. I kept thinking if I ignored it, it would even itself out. I'd start ovulating again. It's really stupid optimism, but I was hoping it'd work. I mean, I got pregnant twice last year, so why should now be any different?

But now I'm coming up on 2.5 months since I've last ovulated and I'm starting to worry. What happened? Why did it stop? At any rate, it should come at no surprise to me...I've always had unusual cycles. It just wasn't until now that I cared about it because they are starting to affect my life's plan.

DH had been bugging me about it a lot...and I kept ignoring him thinking I'd have a normal cycle after last month's annovulatory one...but it's not looking that way. I'm now on CD23 and no sign of O in sight. Not even any CM anymore. What the hell?

Today he started texting me every hour asking if I had called the doctor. Then at lunch, I started watching Mystery Diagnosis, one of my favorite shows on Discovery Health. It just so happened to be about a woman that couldn't get pregnant and her doctor suggested she start charting her cycles. That was it...a sign.

A sign that it was time I take my health and my fertility into my own hands and do something about it. I'm praying that since I've been charting, temping and using OPKs for 6 months now, that I will be prescribed Clomid to help me ovulate. We'll see...

My appointment with my family doctor is Monday at 11:30am. Who knows how long it will take me to get into my OB/GYN after that, but I've made the first step. And for me, that's progress.

1 comment:

  1. M, I've been thinking about you so much and was glad to come here and read your news. I'm praying hard. And hoping your appointment on Monday leads you to where you want to be. I believe in signs and am happy you felt right about making the appt today!
    Sending so much love.
    Hope you're having a great night!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete