Thursday, March 7, 2013

One Hour Glucose Fail

I found out yesterday that I failed my one hour glucose test...but just barely. My blood sugar was 145 after an hour (cut off was 140). Doc was hesitant to have me do the 3 hour already before 25 wks since this one was borderline as he suspects I'm going to have a problem regardless. But he gave me the lab slip to schedule it (hoping to schedule it on a Saturday....where I'll be 24w1d). I've changed my diet drastically (did before the one hour), so if I fail it, it's beyond my control. All I can do is keep eating good and hope for the best.

In other news, baby is doing great! OB found the heartrate right when he placed the doppler on my belly! 154 bpm. And he's measuring right on track if not a couple days ahead. I was 22w5d yesterday and measured right about 23.

Ultimately, as long as baby man is healthy, I'm happy. GD would kind of suck, but it is what it is. I used to have trouble with low blood sugar, so OB isn't surprised that my pancreas seems to be confused again. I'm trying to stay positive about this. There are so many worse things that could go wrong during pregnancy, and this one just seems like a minor blip! We've been through so much prior to getting to this point, that it seems like nothing really phases me anymore. What will be...will be.

6 comments:

  1. Stupid glucose test! Hopefully it was just a fluke. That failure is really borderline, so you may very well pass the 3 hour if you took it. That said, have you thought about buying your own glucose meter to see where you are at on your own? That is what I did. I could see very easily that I had a problem, so I was prepared to fail the 3 hour (even though I clinically didn't, but that's a whole different story!). Just a thought! Glad the baby is doing so well though! That is obviously the most important thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about it...just so I can get a better handle on where I'm at all the time and what foods do/don't help. So strange how we seem to be following along the same path...I've gone back to read some of your early posts about GD and they've been helpful...at least to help me feel like it's not my fault and I'm not alone!

      Delete
  2. Glad the baby is healthy! Glucose tests are the pits! That drink is horrible. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see your positive attitude. With faith, anything is possible. I already know Brady is going to go until he is strong enough t get out. I see it. It's going to be so exciting! I'm not just saying this to get your hopes up or to get your emotions going, but I honestly know everything will be alright. He'll get everything he needs from you and then some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful attitude and perspective!! i failed the one hour with a score of 138. my dr cuts off at 130. wishing you lots of luck if you took the test already. like you said, no matter what, everything will be great. so glad to hear brady and you are doing so well! been thinking about you. <3<3<3
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, you don't know me, but I'm due July 4th - saw your blog on BBC. I had GD last pregnancy, it isn't that bad - and following the diet will help you keep your weight gain down! I take my 1 hr tomorrow and will probably have it again as I am already experiencing some of the same things from last time.

    I will also add that your fears from your previous blog are completely normal!! We lost 3 babies before we were lucky enough to have our baby boy last year! The fear doesn't stop until you're holding that little baby.. The fear of being a good mom will never go away. You are always going to wonder if you're doing things right - however, if you care enough to worry, then you are a good mom!!

    ReplyDelete