Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Detroit Free Press Half Marathon - Half #5


GM World Headquarters (our hotel is the middle one)

My outfit for the race. I ended up changing to a different top that morning.
The view from our hotel room at the Marriott Renaissance Center.







Dinner at Andiamo's the night before race.




View of the Ambassador Bridge at night.


Windsor from the US side.

I had to take a selfie before leaving our hotel at 545am on race morning. 

Mom & me waiting outside before the race.

Me waiting outside before getting in my corral.

 I was in Corral M. It started snowing while we were in line. Yes, it was that cold.

Mom took this pic of my corral finally starting to move.

On my way to the Ambassador Bridge.
 

Still going up the bridge...

I finally made it to the top of the bridge.

After crossing the bridge, I was in Canada looking towards Detroit.

In the Windsor Tunnel, the only underwater mile in a marathon in the whole world.


Me afterwards. I was freezing. It was still only about 39 degrees by the time I finished.

My official time was 2:31:15. Which was 41 minutes better than my half marathon
from August, and 11 minutes better than my previous all-time best.

This medal is the best one I have!

Comparing my half in August to this one. HUGE improvements!


No comments:

Post a Comment