Friday, March 7, 2014

Updates

I'll say it again, I've been so busy that I just can't find the time to post. On top of working full-time, taking care of Brady, keeping up with the housework and now starting back into an exercise routine, I barely even have time to sleep. But, as busy as I am, life is grand!

Brady is getting around quite well. No traditional crawling forward, but he goes backwards and spins, sits up from crawling and vice versa. He's a mobile little guy! Our routine is pretty set. Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, my mom comes over and I go to work. Tues evenings we take him over to DH's mom's house to spend the night, then she watches him Wednesdays on her day off. She also usually takes him Saturdays. We're finally getting into this routine and has helped him sleep better at night too. He still has some rough nights with teething and if he gets over-tired, but we've gotten a few nights where he sleeps 8 hours straight, wakes up to eat, then sleeps another 2 hours! Heaven compared to the newborn days!

I've also started planning his first birthday party...yes, already! It's only 3 months away...I can hardly believe it. It's Mickey Mouse theme and I'm making a lot of the décor myself (centerpieces, food signs, banners, invites and Mickey ears). It's so much fun, but I've already spent so much money. It adds up quick, but I know it's going to a blast and so memorable!

In keeping up with the housework, I feel like I'm in a constant state of trying to get organized. In light of that, I really want to try this challenge:

http://www.whitehouseblackshutters.com/40-bags-in-40-days-2014/

Even if I don't get to 40 bags, at least I have a goal!

I've also started exercising again. So far just lifting weights, but once it's warm enough outside again, I will start running. I'm currently 150 lbs. and hoping to lose 20-30 lbs. It's going to be a work in progress but my goal is to be down 10 lbs. by Brady's birthday party in June and 20 lbs. by the end of summer. I also have an 8 mile road race planned for September around Mackinaw Island...but may add a couple 5Ks in during the summer! I just got my Garmin Vivofit in the mail yesterday and so far I'm loving it. It tracks calories, steps, miles and sleep. If you have been inactive for an hour, a red bar appears prompting you to get up and do something. You have to walk a certain distance to get it to go away. Pretty cool and wearing it all the time reminds me to stay active.



No comments:

Post a Comment